Sunday 24 January 2010

Preliminary Filming

On friday, we took out cameras to film our story. Firstly, I checked the white balance on the camera, checked the DV tape and made sure it was filming in widescreen 16:9. We attached a tripod and took it out to our first filming location. We filmed Sophie walking repeatedly from various angles including from the side and from the front. We had to take many shots as it was difficult for me, replacing the absent Oliver, to pan across Sophie equally without it seeming jumpy. We then filmed a tilt up of Sophie at the door and a close up of her hand opening the door. We then filmed the cutaways which are intended to break up Sophie's shots. To do this scene I dressed up in a checkered shirt and put on glasses. We also borrowed a teacher's laptop to do this scene. Shaun then became the camera operator for the following shots. Our first shot was a tilt down showing me using the laptop. Secondly, we did an over the shoulder shot of me using the laptop to come up with ideas for valentines day. We then filmed Sophie using handheld camera come into the room, sit across from me and us exchanging dialouge. At this point Oliver returned from his exam and became the camera operator. After reattaching the tripod, we filmed the dialouge again twice over my shoulder of Sophie, twice as a close up of Sophie's face, twice over Sophie's shoulder of my face and finally twice as a close up of my face. Afterwards, we took the DV Tape out of the camera and captured it onto the computer. We realised that one of our first shots of Sophie was corrupted and realised we either had to refilm it or work out a way around it. Next lesson we are going to edit our film together.

No comments:

Post a Comment